10 Statistics About Millennials and Direct Mail
Capturing the attention of Millennials is a topic every marketer has considered or researched. How do we attract a generation glued to their phones, self-obsessing with selfies? Well, it may be time to look at Millennials in a new way because this generation isn’t made up of kids anymore, nor are they completely self-obssesed. They’re now between the ages of 19 to 36 and more than half of the older Millennials are married and half have children.
In fact, many Millennials are influenced by direct mail, in some cases favoring it over other communication or marketing means. Here are some statistics about Millennials and direct mail:
- 75% of Millennials find that the mail they receive is valuable. (Source)
- 92% of Millennials are influenced by direct mail to make purchase decision as opposed to 78% influenced by email. (Source)
- 90% of Millennials said they would prefer postal delivery over email when receiving promotional items. (Source)
- 82 percent of Millennials read direct mail from retail brands and more than half (54 percent) look forward to receiving hard-copy retail catalogs in the mail. (Source)
- 73% of Millennials use direct mail coupons when making purchases. (Source)
- 63% of Millennials who responded to a direct mail piece within the past three months made a purchase. (Source)
- 90 percent of Millennials think direct mail advertising is reliable. (Source)
- Those ages 18 to 21 read mailings immediately 62 percent of the time. (Source)
- 25% of Millennials consider reading direct mail a leisure activity. (Source)
- 80% of Millennials want brands to entertain them, and they find direct mail entertaining. (Source)
So next time you’re considering the best way to reach Generation Y, incorporate an engaging direct mail piece in your multichannel marketing mix. You’re bound to see your response rate increase.