Did you know that 15.5 billion cards, letters and packages will be sent and delivered this holiday season through the U.S. Postal Service? That’s a lot of love! To make sure that your special someone receives your holiday wishes on time, follow these shipping tips provided by the USPS:
- Enjoy convenience: Order free Priority Mail shipping supplies on usps.com and have them delivered to your door, free of charge.
- Be informed: Check usps.com to verify that your items can be shipped.
- Pack smart: Pick a strong and sturdy box, cushion contents with packing peanuts, newspaper or bubble wrap and tape it closed with strong packing tape.
- Save a trip: Visit usps.com to pay for postage and request free Package Pickup at your door.
- Track it: Sign up for text and email alerts through my.usps.com to track the delivery status of your packages.
- Gift options: Pick up a gift card from your local Post Office; they make great gifts for family and friends.
USPS 2014 Christmas Shipping Deadlines:
- Dec. 2 – First-Class Mail International
- Dec. 2 – Priority Mail International
- Dec. 10 – Priority Mail Express International
- Dec. 15 – Standard Post
- Dec. 17 – Global Express Guaranteed
- Dec. 20 – First-Class Mail
- Dec. 20 – Priority Mail
- Dec. 23 – Priority Mail Express*
The dates listed above are the earliest deadlines for international and military mail.
*Priority Mail Express postage refund eligibility is adjusted for shipments mailed Dec. 22–25.
Want more information about the rates for your next direct mail campaign? Or, have questions about these facts? Contact us for a quote.